Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Paul Hunnisett <ph...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/04 15:01:31 UTC

Setting the host

I am trying to conenct to a URL and set and recieve some cookies.  The
problem I'm getting is that, when I try to receive the cookies I am
told that the host has not been set.

When I run getPath() on the HostConfiguration object I get the path
that was set in the method I'm currently working with.  However the
host does not seem to get set.  At what point (and how?) is the host
set?

Paul Hunnisett

Re: Setting the host

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
Paul,

It is not entirely clear to me what 'host' you are referring to: the
request header as defined in HTTP/1.1 spec, the host part of an absolute
request URI, or the host attribute of the HostConfiguration class.

Please specify exactly what kind of exception you are getting and
optionally provide some code snippets from your application and a
wire/context log of the HTTP session that exhibits the problem

Oleg