Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Bryan Call <bc...@apache.org> on 2018/05/12 10:44:25 UTC

ATS Spring Summit 2018 Summary

Thank you to everyone that came and participated in the Summit.  I had a great time and really enjoyed Ireland.  Below are some  summary notes about the summit:
18 people attended
Companies: Oath (Verizon), Apple, Comcast, GoDaddy, We-Amp, Clearswift
17 talks from 13 speakers
4 workshops on clang-analyzer, Autest (functional testing), Coverity, and GitHub Issues
Schedule: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/ATS+Euro-Tour+2018 <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/ATS+Euro-Tour+2018>
Slides: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/Presentations+-+2018 <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/Presentations+-+2018>
New committer
Voted on and invited new committer (Randall Meyer from Apple) into the ATS Community
Talked to prospective committers about how to become a committer
New PMCs
Invited 7 new PMCs to the Community
Zizhong Zhang (zzz)
Chenwei Song (scw00)
Fei Deng (duke8253)
Jason Kenny (dragon)
Steven Feltner (reveller)
Daniel Xu (dxu)
Derek Dagit (dagit)
Upgraded from clang-analyzer 5 to 6
Resolved 47 of the 50 new issues
Showed everyone that attended how view and use clang-analyzer reports
Great participation from all attendees on resolving issues
Coverity Issues
85 open issues at the beginning of the summit
Resolved 15 issues
Granted Coverity access to all attendees and demonstrated how to view and use reports
Community building events
Dinner at the Kingsley Hotel with 22 attendees
Visited the Blarney Castle and kissed the Blarney Stone
Tour of the Jameson Distillery and partaking in taste testing
Proposals/Decisions for ATS 8.0 release (see mailing list for details)
Moving to YAML for configuration, dropping lua
Removing the LuaJIT dependency in core
Moving to C++17 standard
Removing metrics.config
Removing traffic_cop
Removing epic plugin
Promoting plugins to stable:
cache_promote
cachekey
ts_lua  (and rename to lua)
escalate
Links
Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Wzbdt1TSAb3YhhjAA <https://photos.app.goo.gl/Wzbdt1TSAb3YhhjAA>
Notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/13W6NuAZ7t8YBF_vD5Lt2Q5Mpony97h1i04KH1wb04uk/edit?usp=sharing <https://docs.google.com/document/d/13W6NuAZ7t8YBF_vD5Lt2Q5Mpony97h1i04KH1wb04uk/edit?usp=sharing>
-Bryan