Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Cassie <do...@google.com> on 2008/03/18 10:14:18 UTC

Summer of Code Ideas

I would like to support summer of code as a mentor.

To do so, we need project ideas for Shindig. Once we have these ideas, we
just need to post them here:
http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2008

And hope that we get some participators interested. Coding starts on May
26th, so the project has to be something that we aren't interested in or
don't have the time to do in the next couple of months. Does anyone have any
projects that they think would take a new contributor about 2 1/2 months to
accomplish?

I'll start thinking too...
Thanks!

- Cassie

Re: Summer of Code Ideas

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 5:14 AM, Cassie <do...@google.com> wrote:
> I would like to support summer of code as a mentor.
>
>  To do so, we need project ideas for Shindig. Once we have these ideas, we
>  just need to post them here:
>  http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2008
>
>  And hope that we get some participators interested. Coding starts on May
>  26th, so the project has to be something that we aren't interested in or
>  don't have the time to do in the next couple of months. Does anyone have any
>  projects that they think would take a new contributor about 2 1/2 months to
>  accomplish?

BTW, I added a Roller-Shindig proposal, which is about using Shindig
to enable gadget support in Roller blog server templates. You're
welcome to help me mentor that one if we get any student interest ;-)

- Dave

Re: Summer of Code Ideas

Posted by Cassie <do...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the input Zhen, I've updated the projects here:
http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2008#incushindig

- Cassie

Re: Summer of Code Ideas

Posted by Zhen Wang <wa...@google.com>.