Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Matt Farmer <ma...@frmr.me> on 2018/11/10 14:28:25 UTC

Introducing Kafka Hawk: Monitoring Consumer Group Commit Frequency

Hey everyone,

I wanted to share a small tool I developed last weekend named Kafka Hawk.

Kafka Hawk monitors the __consumer_offsets topic in Kafka and reports on
the number of commits it sees from each consumer group and topic. It can
also optionally report information on the deltas between offset commits for
a group and topic. It exports this information to a Prometheus (
https://prometheus.io/) endpoint.

You can find the project on GitHub here:
https://github.com/farmdawgnation/kafka-hawk

The easiest way to deploy it is to use the Docker image I've deployed to
Docker Hub. It's located at farmdawgnation/kafka-hawk

If you prefer, you can also download the JAR file directly from the
releases page on GitHub. You will need Java 11 to run the application, but
otherwise it's a standard application.

Please let me know if you have any questions! Contributions and bug reports
are welcome!

Cheers,
Matt