Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Andrea Chiumenti <ki...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/30 13:51:20 UTC

Change to validation.js

Hello, I'm watching at the clientValidation for Tapestry 4.1.1

I see that when there is an exception a dojo dialog is exposed to the user
and a class
fieldMissing or fieldInvalid is added to the relative component.

When the user closes the dialog he has no more information about the
exception on the input element.

I think it could be nice to keep the exception information tied to the field
with a dojo popup so that the user has not to remember
what went wrong with the relative field.

Does anybody think this change may be interesting (I'd like to keep the
dialog information and add the tooltip info)?

I could post here this change.

Ciao,
kiuma

Re: Change to validation.js

Posted by shuangg <sh...@yahoo.com>.
https://www.secpay.com/secnet/signup.html
I modified validation.js so the error message are dispalyed right below the
fild in error
This project is using Tapestry 3.0.4, but the concept should be the same
Shuang