Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <cw...@apache.org> on 2015/07/17 21:26:47 UTC

[VOTE] Release UIMA-DUCC 2.0.0 RC4

Hi,

the Apache UIMA DUCC v2.0.0 RC4 is ready for voting.

Same as RC3 with a few fixes:
- Fixed Agent code to kill JP on InitializationTimeout
- Fixed Web Server (WS) System.Classes page may fail to display
  when user's preference is scroll mode
- Removed dead code and unused imports

Issues fixed in this release:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20UIMA%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%222.0.0-Ducc%22%20ORDER%20BY%20key%20ASC

The Maven artifacts are here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-1064/org/apache/uima/

The source and binary zip/tars are here:
http://people.apache.org/~cwiklik/releases/uima-ducc/2.0.0/RC4/

The SVN Tag Checkout:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/sandbox/uima-ducc/tags/uima-ducc-2.0.0/

See: http://uima.apache.org/testing-builds.html for instructions how to
test release candidate.

Vote open for 72 hours.

Please vote on release:

[ ] +1 OK to release
[ ]  0 Don't care
[ ] -1 Not OK to release, because ...

Thanks.

Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA-DUCC 2.0.0 RC4

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
The license for the bin packaging has entries for httpcore-4.2.1.jar and
httpclient-4.2.1.jar, but the lib has 4.3.5 and 4.3.2 versions.

-M

Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA-DUCC 2.0.0 RC4

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
The INSTALL file has character strings ending in TM which I think are intended
to be the trade-mark symbol, but they come out in the file unzipped from the
bin.tar.gz as:

Written and maintained by the Apache

                                             UIMATM  Development Community

I looked at this with a hex editor and the UIMATM are just 6 utf-8 chars for
this, I think.

-Marshall

Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA-DUCC 2.0.0 RC4

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
my error - the build I did from sources with -Dapache-release was of course
wrong.  I'm re-doing it using -P instead of -D :-(.

-Marshall

Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA-DUCC 2.0.0 RC4 - order of issues fixed?

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com>.
No. This should be sorted. Reason to vote if down?

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Burn Lewis <bu...@gmail.com>.
Jira 4521 describes a regression ... the CLI parser rejects any option
value spelled the same as an option.  It's a 1-line fix.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA-DUCC 2.0.0 RC4 - dropped /added jars

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com>.
Yup, this is correct. Both http-client and http-core are apache licensed.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
The README and perhaps other files mention "Sun Java 7".  This should be change
to Oracle Java 7.  probably good to grep things for the word Sun...

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
oops, just 4519 is missing I think

Posted by Burn Lewis <bu...@gmail.com>.
4519 was my mistake ... shouldn't have checked in the code ... and then
probably made things worse by changing the fixVersion.  I could change the
Jira back as I gather it is OK to have code checked-in that's associated
with a non 2.0 Jira

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com>.
Built from source - OK
Installed from binary tarball and ran 1.job - OK
JIRA Report - OK
Spot checked for version 2.0.0 (README, RELEASE_NOTES.html, DuccDocs) - OK
Checked signatures on both source and binary - OK
Spot checked License and Notice - OK

[X ] +1 OK to release

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
ok, this missing file was my fault - for specifying -Dapache-release instead of
-Papache-release.

So pleas ignore mail about it being missing.

-Marshall