Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Andrew Pennebaker <ap...@42six.com> on 2013/08/16 17:23:57 UTC

Automating Hadoop installation

I think it would make Hadoop installation easier if we released
standardized packages.

What if Ubuntu users could simply "apt-get install hadoop" they same way
they "apt-get install apache2"?

Similarly, could we release a Chocolatey <http://chocolatey.org/> package
for Windows users? The easier the installation process, the more people
want to use Hadoop.

There's already a Homebrew <http://brew.sh/> package for Mac users, so they
can "brew install hadoop"!

Re: Automating Hadoop installation

Posted by John Meagher <jo...@gmail.com>.
That sounds like what Bigtop is doing, at least covering the Linux
distros.  http://bigtop.apache.org/

Posted by John Meagher <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by John Meagher <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by John Meagher <jo...@gmail.com>.