Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Rishi Khanna <ri...@yodlee.com> on 2001/04/27 01:15:11 UTC

Get me started

Hi,

I have the folowing codes in my client and server.

Client Code:

import java.io.*;
import java.net.*;
import java.util.*;
import java.awt.*;
import java.awt.event.*;
import org.apache.soap.util.xml.*;
import org.apache.soap.*;
import org.apache.soap.rpc.*;
import java.net.*;
import org.apache.soap.encoding.*;

class SoapTest{
	public static void main(String args []){
	Call call = new Call ();

	Response resp = null;
	SOAPMappingRegistry smr = call.getSOAPMappingRegistry();
	call.setTargetObjectURI ("urn:SoapTest");    //Invoke Target
Function Filename
    call.setMethodName ("plus");                  //Invoke Method Name
    call.setEncodingStyleURI(Constants.NS_URI_SOAP_ENC);
    Vector params = new Vector ();
    params.addElement (new Parameter("params1", double.class,new Double
(1.0), null));
    params.addElement (new Parameter("params2", double.class,new Double
(2.0), null));
    call.setParams (params);
	String str = new
String("http://192.168.202.26:5791/servlet/org.apache.soap.server.http.RPCRo
uterServlet");
	try{
		URL url = new URL(str);
		resp = call.invoke ( url,"");
		if (resp.generatedFault ()) {
		Fault fault = resp.getFault ();
		System.out.println ("Ouch, the call failed: ");
		System.out.println ("  Fault Code   = " + fault.getFaultCode
());
		System.out.println ("  Fault String = " +
fault.getFaultString ());
		}

		}catch(Exception e){
		e.printStackTrace();
		}
	Parameter result = resp.getReturnValue();
	System.out.println(result.getValue().toString());
	}
}

Server Code:

import java.util.*;

public class SoapTest{
        public Vector plus(Double d1,Double d2){
                double d3 = 0.0;
                d3 = d1.doubleValue() + d2.doubleValue();
                Vector params = new Vector ();
                params.addElement(new Double(d3));
                return params;
        }
}

I am getting the following error:

Ouch, the call failed:
  Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Server
  Fault String = service 'urn:SoapTest' unknown
Rishi2
        at SoapTest.main(SoapTest.java:45)

Please help me what is wrong ?I am able to run the sample calculator
program.

--Rishi

Re: Get me started

Posted by Naggi Rao <na...@softhome.net>.
Simply means that you have not deployed the SoapTest
Delpoy it either thru the jsp page
or
by...

java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://localhost:port/rpcrouter deploy DeploymentDescriptor.xml

Cheers,
Naggi