Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2008/06/14 18:58:56 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] 2.2.9 missing options, no sql

Looking over the patches, none seem to correspond to this gentleman's post
from over on users@httpd.  Could anyone particularly familiar with mysql
take a quick look and perhaps come up with a few ideas?  Seems that this
user has a perfectly working non-dso config which fails with our new
default.

Given my work-work yesterday, and the nature of this bug, my time to work
on a 1.3.1 release was shortcut and I'd love to have this sort of problem
cleaned up anyways by 1.3.1(!)

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Tom Donovan wrote:

> I'm guessing he probably missed something in his DBDParams, or else
> MySQL wasn't running when he tested.

Possible.  I just found it very quirky that this happens only in dso
mode, he seems to have an understanding of things (enough to delve into
how the linkages have changed with ldd).  Supposing it's still possibly
related the dso behavior, or the behavior of libmysqlclient_r when
loaded mid-application as opposed to at runtime startup?

Re: [users@httpd] 2.2.9 missing options, no sql

Posted by Tom Donovan <do...@bellatlantic.net>.
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Looking over the patches, none seem to correspond to this gentleman's post
> from over on users@httpd.  Could anyone particularly familiar with mysql
> take a quick look and perhaps come up with a few ideas?  Seems that this
> user has a perfectly working non-dso config which fails with our new
> default.
>
> Given my work-work yesterday, and the nature of this bug, my time to work
> on a 1.3.1 release was shortcut and I'd love to have this sort of problem
> cleaned up anyways by 1.3.1(!)
>
> Res wrote:
>>
>>> However - with or without --disable-util-dso, if you've built
>>> --with-mysql
>>> the necessary linkages exist, and you should be able to use the various
>>> mod_xxx_dbd modules against mysql.  If *that* doesn't work even without
>>> disabling dso, please holler.
>
>> [Sat Jun 14 16:06:10 2008] [error] (20014)Internal error: DBD: Can't
>> connect to mysql
>> [Sat Jun 14 16:06:10 2008] [error] [client 192.168.0.150] Failed to
>> acquire database connection to look up <snip>
>>
>> If I rebuilt with disable util dso, all works happily again.

I tried building 2.2.9 on debian etch --with-mysql (a regular dso build) and couldn't reproduce his
problem.  The mysql driver builds and works fine for me with MySQL 5.0.32 from the regular debian
package.

The error message "Can't connect to mysql" is reported for an apr_dbd_open() error, not an
apr_dbd_get_driver() error - so he had the dso driver and it loaded OK.

I'm guessing he probably missed something in his DBDParams, or else MySQL wasn't running when he tested.

-tom-