Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Meike Reichle <mr...@rz.uni-hildesheim.de> on 2003/08/21 17:03:29 UTC

problems switching to dev versions

Hi all,

I have a problem switching from the last release version (1.5.1) to any
newer one. Since it became necessary for me to embed macros in my files (for
updating cells) I wanted to switch to a newer version (1.10 or 2.0 pre) but
neither of them would work. When compiling them, they throw an error
("poi/util/ SystemOutLogger.java: 58: Package org.apache.commons.logging
does not exist.") What kind of package is this. Where can I get it and how
do I add it?

If I comment the refering lines out, it works to read in my template add
data and save it under a new name. But when I open the new file, it is
empty, the data wheren't added. Creating a new file from scratch and writing
in data works.

Are there any differences between release and dev versions I failed to
notice? Anything I have to do different from the release versions?

Any help would be appreciated!

Best
Meike