Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com> on 2004/10/18 08:16:53 UTC

STATUS: Jackrabbit

The Jackrabbit project has completed all of the Incubator checklist
items in terms of moving to Apache and getting the IP transfer done.
With the help of Maven, we have a full website set up at

    http://incubator.apache.org/jackrabbit/

with a few link bugs due to the svn/viewcvs integration.  Our big
task from now to graduation is to get the community more involved
in development, planning features, integrating with some of the DB
projects, and scoping out interesting applications to build on top
of the interface.

....Roy

Re: STATUS: Jackrabbit

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2004-10-19 at 02:06, Michael Wechner wrote:
> maybe one could insert links to the various projects (e.g. Slide,
> Cocoon, Lenya, etc.) how they actually use Jackrabbit.

Good idea, but atm non of the above apps use JackRabbit.
Maybe its even too early for a wiki, but I do not think so.

However I will need some help/support to get it started with Lenya

Lets wait what the rabbits think.

--
Rolf Kulemann

Re: STATUS: Jackrabbit

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> task from now to graduation is to get the community more involved
> in development, planning features, integrating with some of the DB
> projects,

as Rolf was stating, it would help a lot to have a get started page,
or a Wiki where people can note their findings, even if certain things
might seem to be very obvious to the current committers.

Also is there a Roadmap or something similar like that?

> and scoping out interesting applications to build on top

maybe one could insert links to the various projects (e.g. Slide,
Cocoon, Lenya, etc.) how they actually use Jackrabbit.

Thanks

Michi

> of the interface.
>
> ....Roy

Michael Wechner

Re: STATUS: Jackrabbit

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> task from now to graduation is to get the community more involved
> in development, planning features, integrating with some of the DB
> projects,

as Rolf was stating, it would help a lot to have a get started page,
or a Wiki where people can note their findings, even if certain things
might seem to be very obvious to the current committers.

Also is there a Roadmap or something similar like that?

> and scoping out interesting applications to build on top

maybe one could insert links to the various projects (e.g. Slide,
Cocoon, Lenya, etc.) how they actually use Jackrabbit.

Thanks

Michi

> of the interface.
>
> ....Roy