Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Kevin Meyer - KMZ <ke...@kmz.co.za> on 2010/11/08 19:26:58 UTC

Re: Inserting variables into documentation .xml files?

I've committed the editted documentation sources, with "trunk relative"
paths to the docbook resources:
<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.5//EN"
"file:./resources/docbook-xml-4.5/docbookx.dtd">

I expect there will be a problem with XMLMind (and other editors).
Perhaps it'll be acceptable to copy the trunk/resources/docbook-xml-
4.5 directory to "/tmp", like the website?
This will, at least, assure that the resources are in a known place.

I don't like it, but is there a better solution, that'll work with both the
maven documentation builder and stand alone editors?

Kevin

On 5 Nov 2010 at 22:12, Dan Haywood wrote:

> I think I have the glimmerings of a solution for this.
>
> In every POM I've defined a property called ${siteBaseDir}.  This is
> used to get back to the trunk dir.

> This variable is used (slightly indirectly) to locate the checkstyle.xml
> and pmd.xml files that live in trunk/src/site/resources/codequality.
>
> So, to your problem.  We have a way of getting back to root, but the
> problem is that the reference is in the docbook.xml file itself.  So I
> think what we might need to do is perform some pre-processing of the
> docbook XML.  It's possible that the eval trick might work (the
> "${docbkxGuideTitle}" you quoted are also just POM properties).

I tried using ${siteBaseDir} first, but it didn't get parsed.

Regards,
Kevin