Posted to docs@cocoon.apache.org by st...@outerthought.org on 2003/02/18 10:00:03 UTC

[WIKI-UPDATE] CocoonProtocolExample Tue Feb 18 10:00:03 2003

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CocoonProtocolExample, version: 4 on Tue Feb 18 08:43:09 2003 by 62.94.170.93

-   <map:generate src="sql-query.xml/>
+   <map:generate src="sql-query.xml"/>
?                                   +

- <map:match pattern="fulldoc.html">
+ <map:match pattern="fulldoc-*.html">
?                            ++

-   <map:generate src="cocoon:/fulldoc.xml"/>
+   <map:generate src="cocoon:/fulldoc-{1}.xml"/>
?                                     ++++

- <map:match pattern="fulldoc.rtf">
+ <map:match pattern="fulldoc-*.rtf">
?                            ++

-   <map:generate src="cocoon:/fulldoc.xml"/>
+   <map:generate src="cocoon:/fulldoc-{1}.xml"/>
?                                     ++++

+ !How does this works -- [Gabridome]
+ When you ask for fulldoc-someContent.rtf the request will match with the last matcher.\\
+ This pipeline (the last) will generate sax events by calling the pipeline fulldoc-someContent.xml with the cocoon protocol.\\
+ This internal request will match with the third matcher (fulldoc-*.xml). Inside this pipeline the content of other two pipelines - head-someContent.xml and body-someContent.xml - will be [aggregated | Aggregator].
+ Body-someContent.xml will read body/someContent.html and it will generate and return xhtml.
+ Head-someContent.xml will extract its contents from the connection "mypool" and it will return xml after a transformation.\\
+ While the body part depends on the page requested, the head is always extracted with the same query (sql-query.xml).\\
+ The fulldoc-*.xml pipeline, after having aggregated the results of the head and of the body pipeline, return the content to the main pipeline from where we started which transform the content to rtf.\\
+ The pipeline flow can be represented as follow:
+ {{{
+ fulldoc-*.rtf  --> fulldoc-*.xml --> head-*.xml -->  fulldoc-*.xml --> fulldoc-*.rtf
+                                      body-*.xml --^
+ }}}
+
+ !cocoon:/?
+ If your cocoon structure is divided into sub sitemaps you will be interested in the fact that you can call pipeline in others sitemaps by calling the right path:
+ * cocoon:/aPipeline ask the results of the pipeline "aPipeline" which resides in the current sitemap
+ * cocoon://aPipeline ask the results of the pipeline "aPipeline" which resides in the __main__ sitemap
+

Re: WIKI-UPDATE minor problem with links (was:CocoonProtocolExample Tue Feb 18 10:00:03 2003)

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Just adding a space before punctuation after URLs would help us poor
> TitaniumPowerbookersUsingOutOfTheBoxStuff.

Oh you poor guy - I'm jealous :-)

'Fixed'.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: WIKI-UPDATE minor problem with links (was:CocoonProtocolExample Tue Feb 18 10:00:03 2003)

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
Le Mardi, 18 fév 2003, à 10:09 Europe/Zurich, Steven Noels a écrit :
> That really depends on your MUA IMHO :-)

Oh got it, sorry. I knew moving to OSX would not be without *some*
growing pains ;-)

> Should I drop the comma for broken MUAs?

Just adding a space before punctuation after URLs would help us poor
TitaniumPowerbookersUsingOutOfTheBoxStuff.

Thanks!
-Bertrand

Re: WIKI-UPDATE minor problem with links (was:CocoonProtocolExample Tue Feb 18 10:00:03 2003)

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Le Mardi, 18 fév 2003, à 10:00 Europe/Zurich, stevenn@outerthought.org a
> écrit :
>
>> Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CocoonProtocolExample,
>

> FYI there's a small bug in these links in the WIKI-UPDATE messages: the
> trailing comma is included in the URL.

That really depends on your MUA IMHO :-)

In Moz 1.2, it highlights the link without the comma, so all is fine.

stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: WIKI-UPDATE minor problem with links (was:CocoonProtocolExample Tue Feb 18 10:00:03 2003)

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.