Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2013/07/15 09:28:27 UTC

Apache Flex 4.10 test release

Hi,

I've created an Apache Flex test release and just commited it to SVN (a slow process).

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flex/sdk/4.10.0/rc1/

There was one issue with the build process and TLF_HOME which I fixed.

On OSX  the build:
- Creates source, binary and doc archives.
- Check in test pass.
- Rat reports no errors.
- The binaries are correctly signed (by me) and md5 hashes are correct.
- Works in Flash Builder 4.6
- Mustella tests have not been run (yet) I'll run those over night for OSX.

Can people please try out this and report any issue with existing projects and the like. If no issues are found in the next few days I'll start an official vote.

One outstanding question. Do we just use the OSX releases for Linux or try and compile and sign a linux release for the Linux?

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Apache Flex 4.10 test release

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
On 15/07/2013 10:37, Avi Kessner wrote:
> drop air 2.6 support for linux? is that a possibliity for now?
You kinda have to support the tool used to build the installer, no ?

Tom

Re: Apache Flex 4.10 test release

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.
not yet, but I'll be doing it as soon as I get home this evening :)

-Nick

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> drop air 2.6 support for linux? is that a possibliity for now?
It's the last version supported by Linux and the minimum one that the 4.9/4.10 SDK now supports so it sort of essential. :-)

Not 100% sure it is  a current issue btw.

Posted by Avi Kessner <ak...@gmail.com>.
drop air 2.6 support for linux? is that a possibliity for now?
brought to you by the letters A, V, and I
and the number 47

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
I'm not going to be able to have another go at compiling it myself
directly on Linux till Tuesday...
 From memory, it hits a bug in the 2.6 AIR SDK.

But I think the project would get a lot of positive vibes from the
(vocal :-) ) Linux crowd for shipping a Linux installer, even if it's
marked as 'beta' or 'experimental' for .10 and then bumped to supported
for .11. Just going by the blog comments on every previous release :-)

Tom

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
> One outstanding question. Do we just use the OSX releases for Linux or try and compile and sign a linux release for the Linux?

I think that if we include Linux as an supported (though experimental)
platform, we should compile and sign a release. What would we need to
make that happen?

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Apache Flex 4.10 test release

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> for simpletons like me, what else do i need for a manual binary installation on FB 4.6 besides copying the "\lib\external\optional" dir over from the 4.9.1 version?

This has come up several time on the list, basically if you copy things about all bets are off. Please use the scripts in the ide or ide/flashbuilder directory.

That being said it looks like just an issue with the flex config files (framework/flex-config.xml) which you could correct by hand. I've included a working flex config file so you can see the differences.

Or just run ide/flashbuilder/makeApacheFlexForFlashBuilder.bat/sh and that should correct the issue.This file(s) are in the binary zip.

Once released most people would run the installer so it in theory shouldn't be a major issue.

> btw not finding the "/ide/constructFlexForIDE.bat" file noted in the readme.
Good to know, looks like that they are in version control but not being packaged up into the zips/tars. I'll fix that.

Posted by Paul Hastings <pa...@gmail.com>.
On 7/15/2013 2:28 PM, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Can people please try out this and report any issue with existing projects
> and the like. If no issues are found in the next few days I'll start an
> official vote.

for simpletons like me, what else do i need for a manual binary installation on
FB 4.6 besides copying the "\lib\external\optional" dir over from the 4.9.1
version?

appear to be missing something as FB is throwing

unable to open 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder
4.6\sdks\4.10.0\frameworks\{playerglobalHome}\11.1'

errors & i'm not seeing anything related in the 4.9.1 SDK dir properties, etc.
files.

btw not finding the "/ide/constructFlexForIDE.bat" file noted in the readme.