Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Kristian Marinkovic <kr...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/26 23:44:41 UTC

How do i trigger a zone update in the parent component or page?

Hi,

i have a loop in my page that renders some "rows" whereas each row is
a zone component. Each row represents some special data type that has
different properties when edited. Because i don't know in advance how
many data types will be supported (and i want to stay as flexible as
possible) i just return an instance of the data type in my event
handler method and contribute a data type specific
ComponentEventResultProcessor to the
AjaxComponentEventResultProcessor. There i use a name convention to
identify the page and component that is suited to render a specific
form for the specific data type and eventually return the component
for rendering. The benefit is that i can drop in new modules later to
support new data types without changing the existing page.

The problem i'm having is that i was not able to figure out how to
trigger a zone update of the very same row after i save or cancel the
data type specific form component. after rendering the edit component
i lost the zoneid that was associated with the edit link.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this? Do i have to persist the
generated zoneId somehow to call some JS function manually?

g,
kris

Re: How do i trigger a zone update in the parent component or page?

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi!

This is something to be avoided: one component triggering an event in
another component. Components should be self-contained.

I'd have a component in the child component to receive the zone id to be
updated.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor