Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Fabrice Bourgine <fa...@hotelbb.com> on 2015/07/19 15:22:09 UTC

FlexJS release?

Hi

I have a business application developped in flex by my provider.

As I saw, Chrome will avoid plugins like Flash (or Java) on version 45.
I also read that Firefox stopped also flash support.

So I'm in trouble with my app and I'd love to convert it in HTML/JS

FlexJX souds promising. but it is still in v0.0.2 and I do not see lot of
contribution.

=> Is the project stopped?
=> When do you think FlexJS will be released?
=> Do you think that I'll be able to convert easily my App?

Thanks a lot

--
Fabrice BOURGINE
Directeur des Systèmes d'Information

B&B Hôtels France
271, rue du Général Paulet
CS 91975
29 219 Brest Cedex 2

Re: FlexJS release?

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Fabrice,

don't let the flash haters hordes and his internet publications about flash
death make you fear about the future.
Flash is not in danger. Om gives responses to all your questions, but I
want to give you one more simple way to avoid have fear.
In the case, the world goes mad and we didn't have flash player in our
browsers (breaking in the process half of the internet sites), you can
always package you app with Adobe AIR and distributing that application
that will benefit from runtime updates and you always can implement updates
of your Flex/AIR app.

FlexJS is still on alpha state and you could continue using Apache Flex and
wait without problem until FlexJS will get a beta stage.

Best

Carlos

--

Carlos Rovira
Director General

proceda a su destrucción.

oficinas c/ Tres Creus, nº 104, 2-1, 08202 de Sabadell (Barcelona) con la
documentación necesaria.

Re: FlexJS release?

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a business application developped in flex by my provider.
>
> As I saw, Chrome will avoid plugins like Flash (or Java) on version 45.

Flash Player will continue to work on Chrome via the PPAPI plugin
interface.  Only the NPAPI plugins are discontinued.

> I also read that Firefox stopped also flash support.

Firefox will also continue supporting the latest version of the Flash
Player.  It has blocked the previous versions,  which has vulnerabilities.

> So I'm in trouble with my app and I'd love to convert it in HTML/JS
>
> FlexJX souds promising. but it is still in v0.0.2 and I do not see lot of
> contribution.

There has been a lot of significant contributions to FlexJS by Apache Flex
committers and the community.

> => Is the project stopped?

No, it has not stopped.