Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/31 21:10:54 UTC

[T5] Beginning Hibernate with a T5 application

Hey there

I am considering using Hibernate for part of my applications db
access.  Before I was hand writing DAOs/daofactories, but now the
impedance mismatch is growing too large and I want to try something
different.  With T4, there are plenty of good tapestry/hibernate
resources.

With T5, we have IOC in tapestry-core, and then there is
tapestry-hibernate which is in snapshot mode, but has been described
as a placeholder only a few months ago.

All I'm looking for is something like the hibernate hello world or
some sample code that gets me to a point equivalent to this:

Session session = getSessionCreator().createSession();

After that point I get the impression that the use of hibernate
features will be the same as in T4.  ( I am referencing the ewdt book
for T4)

Can anyone copy and paste some code that does something simple?  It
doesn't need to be a whole app, or a whole class even.

I have a myobject.hbm.xml in the same directory as myobject.java, and
hibernate.cfg.xml / hibernate.properties in resources/ .
I assume those kinds of fundamentals are the same when using T5-Hibernate.

I have Hibernate 3.2.1ga and tapestry-hibernate (5.0.5-SNAPSHOT) in my pom.

Thanks for any help you can provide me.

Daniel

Re: [T5] Beginning Hibernate with a T5 application

Posted by Eugene Lozovan <eu...@gmail.com>.
Don't know, if it might be helpful - http://www.box.net/shared/1yxqpk0jyband
http://new2java.blogspot.com/2007/05/package-orgexampletsa504servicesuseraut.html

E.L.