Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Vitaly Tsaplin <vi...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/18 14:32:29 UTC

Link with the 'wantOnSelectionChangedNotifications()' behavior

   Hi everyone,

   I am curious why the Link class does not implement something like
what 'wantOnSelectionChangedNotifications()' mechanism does for
CheckBox, DropDownChoice, etc.?

   I have implemented FormLink and I use it as a subclass for
everything that has to extend Link since it can fall back gracefully
to a simple link behaviour. Maybe it would be reasonable to make the
wicket Link capable of doing this?

public abstract class FormLink<T> extends Link<T> {

    public FormLink(String id, IModel<T> model) {
	super(id, model);
    }

    public FormLink(String id) {
	super(id);
    }

    @Override
    protected CharSequence getURL() {

	CharSequence url = urlFor(ILinkListener.INTERFACE);
	Form<?> form = findParent(Form.class);
	if (form != null) {
	    RequestContext rc = RequestContext.get();
	    if (rc.isPortletRequest()) {
		url = ((PortletRequestContext) rc).getLastEncodedPath();
	    }
	    return "javascript:" + form.getJsForInterfaceUrl(url);
	}

	return url;
    }

}