Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "sander.lemmens" <sa...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/22 16:22:54 UTC

Combine breadcrumb with a dataview

Hi,

I ran into a problem trying to use a breadcrumb with a dataview.

I have a dataview in which I can press a button. Upon clicking this button,
the next BreadCrumbPanel should be activated. For this I'm using the
BreadCrumbLink component, because my BreadCrumbPanel has a custom
constructor.

BreadCrumbLink redeemRulesLink = new BreadCrumbLink("test",
getBreadCrumbModel()) {
            @Override
            protected IBreadCrumbParticipant getParticipant(String
componentId) {
                return new RedeemRulesPanel(componentId,
getBreadCrumbModel(), 1L);
            }
        };

this works when I exclude it from the dataview. When I insert it outside the
dataview, it doesn't do anything. When I add a breakpoint in the
getParticipant method, I notice that it never reaches this method. Does
anyone know the reason for this?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Combine breadcrumb with a dataview

Posted by lucast <lu...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Sanders,
I hope you don't mind me asking. Have you tried following the code execution
with a debugger?

I had a similar problem in the past and I realized that the existing
breadcrumb solution did not satisfy my needs so I had to extend the class to
make it fit.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Lucas