Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Mike Klein <mi...@sbcglobal.net> on 2003/10/24 01:03:34 UTC

Simple setup notes for NetBeans users of Axis:

You want to go into Tools->Options->IDE Configuration->System->Object
Types->XML Objects and add wsdd and wsdl as XML instance types.

Additionally (already in docs)...for Axis and Tomcat ant integration:

    <!-- For Axis Tasks -->
    <path id="axis.classpath">
        <fileset dir="${axis.home}/lib">
            <include name="**/*.jar"/>
        </fileset>
    </path>
    <taskdef resource="axis-tasks.properties"
classpathref="axis.classpath"/>

    <!-- For Tomcat Tasks -->
    <path id="tomcat.classpath">
        <fileset dir="${tomcat.home}/server/lib"
            includes="catalina-ant.jar" />
    </path>
    <taskdef name="install"
classname="org.apache.catalina.ant.InstallTask"
classpathref="tomcat.classpath"/>
    <taskdef name="list" classname="org.apache.catalina.ant.ListTask"
classpathref="tomcat.classpath"/>
    <taskdef name="reload"
classname="org.apache.catalina.ant.ReloadTask"
classpathref="tomcat.classpath"/>
    <taskdef name="remove"
classname="org.apache.catalina.ant.RemoveTask"
classpathref="tomcat.classpath"/>

The above ant statements require that you have a statement of: <property
file="remote.properties"/> somewhere in your ant build.xml file, and
that this files has entries for axis.home and tomcat.home.

Realize that the Ant tasks for Axis don't mention that you can nest a
classpath element...but you can. And it is required unless you haven't
already created an environment setting for AXISCLASSPATH in your OS. I
was getting ClassNotFoundException until I nested a classpath element.

mike