Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Claire Wall <cl...@kurtosys.com> on 2003/12/23 17:14:04 UTC

determining the database driver in actions

hi,

is there a way to find out the database driver that is being used in my struts action classes?

the reason for wanting to be able to do this is that i would like to structure my class so that, depending upon the driver being used (or alternatively, type of DataSource) i could either write a Blob to the database (Oracle) or a BinaryStream (SQLServer or MySQL).

is it possible to find out the DataSource's property's?

cheers
claire