Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by GOMEZ Henri <hg...@slib.fr> on 2000/07/21 18:30:37 UTC

tomcat 3.2 beta 2

Hi,

I'm working on a RPM for Tomcat 3.2 beta 2.

For those who allready know my previous work on tomcat 3.1, I have
splitted the 3.1-4 into 2 new RPMs.

One is not architecture dependant (noarch) and the other arch dependant
(i386 for now)
which is for mod_jserv and mod_jk.

1) apache 1.3.x didn't use or support pthread but they are defined in
makefile for md_jk ?
  (-D_REENTRANT -pthread)

2) apxs compilation is bad at least for a Redhat system (/usr/sbin/apxs and
/usr/include/apache)

3) I reworked my spec file to have the a file map following the linux
software map :

	config in /etc/APPLIC/conf
	exec   in /usr/bin			(or /usr/sbin if only root
have to start/stop tomcat)
	datas  in /home/APPLIC		(the way Redhat does for Apache)
	doc	in /usr/doc/APPLIC
	libs	in /usr/lib/APPLIC/lib

/etc/rc.d/init.d/tomcat
/etc/tomcat/conf
/etc/tomcat/conf/build.xml
/etc/tomcat/conf/jni_server.xml
/etc/tomcat/conf/jni_workers.properties
/etc/tomcat/conf/manifest.servlet
/etc/tomcat/conf/mod_jk.conf
/etc/tomcat/conf/obj.conf
/etc/tomcat/conf/server.xml
/etc/tomcat/conf/test-tomcat.xml
/etc/tomcat/conf/tomcat-users.xml
/etc/tomcat/conf/tomcat.conf
/etc/tomcat/conf/tomcat.logrotate
/etc/tomcat/conf/tomcat.policy
/etc/tomcat/conf/tomcat.properties
/etc/tomcat/conf/uriworkermap.properties
/etc/tomcat/conf/web.dtd
/etc/tomcat/conf/web.xml
/etc/tomcat/conf/workers.properties
/etc/tomcat/conf/wrapper.properties
/home/tomcat/webapps
/home/tomcat/webapps/ROOT.war
/home/tomcat/webapps/admin.war
/home/tomcat/webapps/examples.war
/home/tomcat/webapps/test.war
/home/tomcat/work
/usr/bin
/usr/bin/jspc.sh
/usr/bin/shutdown.sh
/usr/bin/startup.sh
/usr/bin/tomcat.sh
/usr/doc/tomcat-3.2
/usr/doc/tomcat-3.2/JDBCRealm.howto
/usr/doc/tomcat-3.2/LICENSE
/usr/doc/tomcat-3.2/NT-Service-howto.html
/usr/doc/tomcat-3.2/README
/usr/doc/tomcat-3.2/RELEASE-INFO
/usr/doc/tomcat-3.2/RELEASE-PLAN
/usr/doc/tomcat-3.2/RELEASE-PLAN-3.2
/usr/doc/tomcat-3.2/TODO
/usr/doc/tomcat-3.2/Tomcat-Workers-HowTo.html
/usr/doc/tomcat-3.2/appdev
/usr/doc/tomcat-3.2/appdev/build.xml.txt
/usr/doc/tomcat-3.2/faq
/usr/doc/tomcat-3.2/uguide
/usr/doc/tomcat-3.2/uguide/images
/usr/lib/tomcat
/usr/lib/tomcat/lib
/usr/lib/tomcat/lib/ant.jar
/usr/lib/tomcat/lib/jasper.jar
/usr/lib/tomcat/lib/servlet.jar
/usr/lib/tomcat/lib/jaxp.jar
/usr/lib/tomcat/lib/parser.jar
/usr/lib/tomcat/lib/test
/usr/lib/tomcat/lib/test/Golden
/usr/lib/tomcat/lib/test/Golden/Err.txt
/usr/lib/tomcat/lib/webserver.jar
/var/log/tomcat

   - Did you find it correct ?
   - Some paths like conf use home+conf ? Why not introduce a cm.getConf
instead
     which allow use place configuration in SECURE AREA (like Apache).
     I could send you the revelant patch if wanted.

=>
    void readMemoryRealm(Context ctx) throws Exception {
    ContextManager cm=ctx.getContextManager();
    String home=cm.getHome();
    File f=new File( home + "/conf/tomcat-users.xml");
    if( ! f.exists() ) {
        ctx.log( "File not found  " + f );
        return;
    }

Regards

- Spéciale Audiard - Tonton Flingueurs -
"Mais y connaît pas Raoul ce mec. Y va avoir un reveil pénible.
J'ai voulu être diplomate à cause de vous tous, éviter qu'le sang coule mais
maint'nant c'est fini !
Je vais l'travailler en férocité ! l'faire marcher à coup d'latte, à ma
pogne je veux l'voir !
et j'vous promets qui demandera pardon ! et au garde-à-vous !"