Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Senthil Kumar <se...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/24 17:08:31 UTC

Kafka Multiple Consumer Group for Same Topic

Hi Team ,  Sorry if the same question asked already in this group !

Say we have topic => ad_events ..  I want to read events from ad_events
topic and send it to two different systems... This can be achieved by
creating two  Consume Groups..

Example :  Consumer Group SYS1 with 10 threads
                  Consume Group SYS2 with 10 threads

Would like to know having two different Consumer Groups will impact
performance of Kafka Read ??  Also want to see the *Benchmarking Result*(
Numbers ) of   Single Topic Read with *One Consumer Group* Vs Single Topic
with *Two/Three Consumer Group*..

Cheers,
Senthil

Re: Kafka Multiple Consumer Group for Same Topic

Posted by Joris Meijer <jo...@dizzit.com>.
Hi Senthil,

You can just try it yourself, using kafka-consumer-perf-test.sh bundled
with Apache Kafka. You can start 2 in parallel with different groups and
see what happens if you tune some parameters.

Joris

Posted by Joris Meijer <jo...@dizzit.com>.
Hi Senthil,

Posted by Sharninder Khera <sh...@gmail.com>.