Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andy Lewis <an...@veritas.com> on 2000/08/07 21:13:07 UTC

Tomcat JServ Build problem...

I have been unable to locate or build mod_jserv.so for Solaris 2.7. I have
apache 1.3.12 running, built from the full source, and I have Tomcat 3.1
running fine. The connector will not build however. I have been through every
FAQ and instruction page I can find. When I run th ebuild as specified on the
tomcat page instructions, it compiles all of the modules, but then fails to
link. It appears to not even specify either gcc or ld to link the module.

Any suggestions?

Tomcat-Apache Configuration...

Posted by Andy Lewis <an...@veritas.com>.
Tomcat 3.1 does not apper to add contexts to the tomcat-apache.conf file unless they
are specifically declared in the server.xml. It will load them for Tomcat, but does
not pass the config through to Apache.

Am I missing something? Is there are way to fix this?

Thanks in advance...

Re: Tomcat JServ Build problem...

Posted by Andy Lewis <an...@veritas.com>.
Ok...by rebuilding apache with the --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE, suddenly the new apxs
is corret and works.

Posted by Andy Lewis <an...@veritas.com>.

Posted by Tim Kientzle <ki...@acm.org>.