Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by florent andré <fl...@4sengines.com> on 2010/09/22 14:30:14 UTC

State of branches and release

Hi all,

Currently, we have :

- 2_0_X :
* with the patch provide by Doug ( bug on publish present in 2.0.3 release)

- 2_1_x :
* patched for publishing bug
* is java 6 compliant
* have a clean editor status.

- Trunk :
* lenya with c2.2
* compilation is ok (just a little test fail)
* many little components configurations have to be done for a working
version.

What did we do ?

3 branches are too many to maintain imo - we are not enough big for this.

We have to "close" one I think.

I propose to release the 2_0_x on 2.0.4 for reflect the bug solving and
continue work on trunk and 2.1.x.

What do you think about this ?

++

Re: State of branches and release

Posted by Richard Frovarp <rf...@gmail.com>.
On 09/22/2010 01:30 PM, florent andré wrote:

> On 09/22/2010 04:57 PM, Richard Frovarp wrote:
>> On 09/22/2010 07:30 AM, florent andré wrote:
>> I agree with shutting down 2_0_x in favor of 2_1_x. Doing a release of
>> what would be 2.0.4 would be okay. Not much has changed and doing the
>> release would be pretty easy if someone wanted to do the work for that.
>
> If needed, I can do this release. Just said me how.

The instructions for cutting a release are here:

http://lenya.apache.org/docu/rm.html

I've done the last few. You can refer back to the emails I sent at the
time surrounding the release. That's what I've done in the past.

Re: State of branches and release

Posted by florent andré <fl...@4sengines.com>.

On 09/22/2010 04:57 PM, Richard Frovarp wrote:
> On 09/22/2010 07:30 AM, florent andré wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Currently, we have :
>>
>> - 2_0_X :
>> * with the patch provide by Doug ( bug on publish present in 2.0.3
>> release)
>>
>> - 2_1_x :
>> * patched for publishing bug
>> * is java 6 compliant
>> * have a clean editor status.
>>
>> - Trunk :
>> * lenya with c2.2
>> * compilation is ok (just a little test fail)
>> * many little components configurations have to be done for a working
>> version.
>>
>> What did we do ?
>>
>> 3 branches are too many to maintain imo - we are not enough big for this.
>>
>> We have to "close" one I think.
>>
>> I propose to release the 2_0_x on 2.0.4 for reflect the bug solving and
>> continue work on trunk and 2.1.x.
>>
>> What do you think about this ?
>>

> I agree with shutting down 2_0_x in favor of 2_1_x. Doing a release of
> what would be 2.0.4 would be okay. Not much has changed and doing the
> release would be pretty easy if someone wanted to do the work for that.

If needed, I can do this release. Just said me how.

> I'm still uncertain about 2.2 / trunk. We also want to do a clean design
> with v3.

Yes sure. we have to discuss on it.

2.2 / trunk is imo a good thing for learn maven, c2.2 and a piece of
osgi (I read somewhere that c2.2 is enable for osgi)... This will be
usefull for v3

On the other hand, 2.2 don't work for now. Errors are not too difficult
to solve (for now), but I don't know how many they are (and how long
they took).

V3 is something that we *have to* design.

Re: State of branches and release

Posted by Richard Frovarp <rf...@gmail.com>.