Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Derrick Oswald <de...@rogers.com> on 2006/05/29 02:28:47 UTC

Java-Bean: True

Hi,

Using maven 2, how can you tag some classes in a jar as java beans?
The MANIFEST.MF file I want is (in part):

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Archiver-Version: Plexus Archiver
Created-By: Apache Maven
...<snip>
Class-Path: htmllexer.jar sax-2.0.1.jar

Name: org/htmlparser/Parser.class
Java-Bean: True

etc.

As usual, the documentation lies and says setting
  <manifestFile>src/main/resources/MANIFEST.MF</manifestFile>
is an option; but that doesn't work.

I've tried guessing the usual things in the maven-jar-plugin manifest and manifestEntries sections of the POM, but can only get an error message like:

 [INFO] Failed to configure plugin parameters for: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jar-plugin:2.0
 Cause: Cannot find setter nor field in org.apache.maven.archiver.ManifestConfigu
 ration for 'name'

 or

 [INFO] Error assembling JAR
 Embedded error: Specify the section name using the "name" attribute of the <section> element rather than using a "Name" manifest attribute

 Any help would be appreciated.

Derrick