Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Joachim Müller <jo...@wemove.com> on 2006/06/29 16:07:58 UTC

Problem with Portlet Preferences in PSML

Hi,

according to the J2 docs the preference tag in a psml fragment should
overwrite the portlet preferences specified in portlet.xml.
BUT THIS ISN'T THE CASE !

Am i doing something wrong ?

portlet.xml:
   <portlet id="SearchSimple">
       <portlet-preferences>
           <preference>
               <name>titleKey</name>
               <value>VALUE_PORTLET</value>
           </preference>
       </portlet-preferences>
   </portlet>

page.psml:
   <fragment id="search-simple-portlet" type="portlet"
name="ingrid-portal-apps::SearchSimple">
     <preference name="titleKey" readOnly="false">
       <value>VALUE_PSML</value>
     </preference>
   </fragment>

When i fetch the preference in the doView method of the portlet
i get the value from portlet.xml and NOT the one from page.psml.

       PortletPreferences prefs = request.getPreferences();
       // delivers "VALUE_PORTLET" and not "VALUE_PSML"
       String titleKey = prefs.getValue("titleKey", "default");

When i remove the preference from portlet.xml I get the one from
page.psml ! Is this a Bug (i am using jetspeed 2.0.1) or am i doing
something wrong ?

The docs say
(http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/guides/guide-psml.html#Portlet_Fragments):

"PSML element <preference>:
Specifies initial user preference settings for fragment portlet,
OVERRIDDING ANY PORTLET PREFERENCES SET IN PORTLET.XML" <-- !!!!!!

thanx for any help !

regards,
   Martin

Re: Problem with Portlet Preferences in PSML

Posted by Joachim Müller <jo...@wemove.com>.
we are using 2.0.1 code base but think about switching to 2.1-dev
because of several issues.

regards.
joachim

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
Joachim,

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Joachim Müller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> according to the J2 docs the preference tag in a psml fragment should
> overwrite the portlet preferences specified in portlet.xml.
> BUT THIS ISN'T THE CASE !
>
> Am i doing something wrong ?
>
> portlet.xml:
>    <portlet id="SearchSimple">
>        <portlet-preferences>
>            <preference>
>                <name>titleKey</name>
>                <value>VALUE_PORTLET</value>
>            </preference>
>        </portlet-preferences>
>    </portlet>
>
> page.psml:
>    <fragment id="search-simple-portlet" type="portlet"
> name="ingrid-portal-apps::SearchSimple">
>      <preference name="titleKey" readOnly="false">
>        <value>VALUE_PSML</value>
>      </preference>
>    </fragment>
>
> When i fetch the preference in the doView method of the portlet
> i get the value from portlet.xml and NOT the one from page.psml.
>
>        PortletPreferences prefs = request.getPreferences();
>        // delivers "VALUE_PORTLET" and not "VALUE_PSML"
>        String titleKey = prefs.getValue("titleKey", "default");
>
> When i remove the preference from portlet.xml I get the one from
> page.psml ! Is this a Bug (i am using jetspeed 2.0.1) or am i doing
> something wrong ?

Try it from the SVN Head, I seem to remember that portlet preferences in
fragments were added after the release