Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by mserrano <ma...@attivio.com> on 2012/11/06 20:32:15 UTC

in master slave broker network, networked slave incorrectly bound to other slave

Sorry if the phrasing of this topic is awkward -- this is difficult to
describe.

I am running networked master/slave brokers.  That is I have two shared
nothing master/slave broker setups which are networked together.  When the
masters both shutdown or fail, I am seeing one slave create a MasterBroker
filter for the slave it is /networked/ to.  This is evidenced by the
following log messages:

from slave2 log, connecting slave1 as a slave!

first log message is my own i added to help diagnose the issue.

I have captured the stack trace when this occurs, where you can see the it
is processing a remote command coming in over the network bridge.  I would
think that it should never treat this as a real slave since it is a
networked broker.  Notice however (from above logs) that it is not marked as
networked.

Any ideas?  Am I misunderstanding what is going on?  I have seen subsequent
shutdown problems where slave2 is stuck trying to copy a command to slave1,
which is what led me to track this down to this point.

Re: in master slave broker network, networked slave incorrectly bound to other slave

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
please do raise a jira and attach your patch. It would be good to
capture the use case and gauge interest. In the main, the shared
nothing master/slave setup does not get a lot of attention, but that
may be b/c it works fine for most users or b/c most folks use a shared
store or independent brokers for the non persistent case.

http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com

Re: in master slave broker network, networked slave incorrectly bound to other slave