Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by hardik551987 <ha...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/07 08:13:07 UTC

Clarification on Potential Issue with Jmeter CSV data files

Dear Team,

I am informed that Jmeter have some problem while doing parameterization
using large CSV data file. Please let me know what is the problem and
solution if that is the case.

Thanks & Regards,
Hardik

Re: Clarification on Potential Issue with Jmeter CSV data files

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 7 March 2012 07:13, hardik551987 <ha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Team,
>
> I am informed that Jmeter have some problem while doing parameterization
> using large CSV data file. Please let me know what is the problem and
> solution if that is the case.

The size of a CSV data file does not matter, so long as you are using
CSV DataSet Config (or the StringFromFile function) to read it.

If you use the CSVRead (or XPath) functions, then a large file may
cause problems, because those functions read the entire file into
memory.
These limitations are mentioned in the relevant function documentation.