Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by "Denis, Rich" <Ri...@ps.net> on 2004/04/20 22:05:31 UTC

Windows 2003 Web Services, FileAppender and the Netowrk Service a ccount

Hello,

  I was hoping someone could help me figure out some very specific behavior.
I have a web service that I have been trying to get logging working for.
When developing this on Windows XP logging works fine after granting  the
ASPNET account access to write files to my logging directory.  When I
migrate this to Windows 2003 there seems to be an issue.  Granting the
ASPNET account does not do anything for the logging.  I have to set the
"Network Service" account to have access to write files.  I am trying to
figure out why this is.  Though I know now how to get logging I was trying
to figure out why the difference?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Rich