Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Parashar, Hitesh" <Hi...@Avnet.com> on 2001/11/05 23:36:39 UTC

Benchmarking Tomcat 4.0 + Apache 1.3.XX + webapp against Tomcat 4 .0

Hi Cats and Toms:

How does trio of "Tomcat 4 + Apache 1.3.xx + webapp module" perform compared
to the lonely Tomcat 4.0 for static content? Has anyone done any
benchmarking on this?

If the performance degraded is not very substantial then we would like to go
without the PINTA(ss) Apache/webapp/Tomcat. Another thing by using Tomcat
4.0 alone that we will get is JBoss embedded Tomcat service which will not
require any modifications for webapp in server.xml.

Any "hard-evidence" for Tomcat 4.0 being equally fast as Apache+Tomcat for
static content post-4.0?

TIA,

Hitesh.