Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Fejes Balazs <fb...@freemail.hu> on 2001/03/19 21:22:08 UTC

VSS History

I created a new task definition for Ant, that uses the
Visual Sourcesafe History command to make a diff file for
each daily build. I extended the MSVSS class.
You can set up the style of the output file, if you want to
see the actual code changes, or just a summary, and the
time frame of the diff (with the timstamp for example).
Is this something that would be useful for any of you?
I read the ant site about contributing code, and it is very
descriptive about the whole voting process and everything,
but I can't quite figure out what to do if I want to
contribute this new taskdef.

Balazs Fejes
Fathom Technology

Re: VSS History

Posted by Nico Seessle <ni...@apache.org>.
> I created a new task definition for Ant, that uses the
> Visual Sourcesafe History command to make a diff file for
[...]
> Is this something that would be useful for any of you?
Yes, I started that some time ago myself but never had the time to actually
finish it.

> I read the ant site about contributing code, and it is very
> descriptive about the whole voting process and everything,
> but I can't quite figure out what to do if I want to
> contribute this new taskdef.

The common way (although not mentioned on the web-pages) would be to post
this with a tag "[SUBMIT]" and a short explanation of what it does to
ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org. Someone of the commiters will probably pick it
up and commit it if it "fits" and/or it will be discussed on the ant-dev.

Nico