Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Matthias Schiffer <sc...@web.de> on 2001/03/20 12:27:35 UTC

How to embed Tomcat into an existing application OR how to use EmbededTomcat - Class

Hi!

I have developed an application which runs with the jo!-server at the
moment, now I want to replace it with the embeded Tomcat, but i don't
really know how!!! Can someone write me a short explanation how to embed
Tomcat into my application? Below you can see what i have tried to
embed, but this does not work and additional: i know that the src is not
complete but some additional things are missing, please write which ones
that are. Thank you very much!

Source code:

public static void main( String[] args) throws ServerException {
  ContextManager cm = new ContextManager();
WebXmlReader xml = new WebXmlReader();
EmbededTomcat et = new EmbededTomcat();
try {
 xml.engineInit(cm);
}catch(TomcatException te) {
 System.out.println("Exception: " + te);
}
Context ctx = new Context();
ctx.setContextManager(cm);
cm.setTomcatHome("/home/matsch/synet/tomcat");
xml.setContextManager(cm) ;
try {
 xml.contextInit(ctx);
}catch(TomcatException te) {
 System.out.println("Exception: " +te);
}
AdminService admin = new AdminService();
admin.setName( "AdminService");
admin.start();
}