Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Gang Li <lg...@apache.org> on 2021/02/05 11:36:24 UTC

[DISCUSS] Graduate Apache DolphinScheduler (incubating) as a TLP

Hi all,
After discussion with the community [1] and [2], and a positive vote result [3].
We'd like to bring this to a discussing at the IPMC.

Please see the proposed resolution below and let us know what do you think.

A few status to help with the discussion:

- Released 8 Apache releases, through 5 different release managers
- Invited 14 new committers (all accepted)
- Invited 2 new PPMC members (all accepted)
- Apache DolphinScheduler name search has been approved [4]
- Finished the Podling Maturity Assessment for DolphinScheduler [5], all items are passed
- There are 169 contributors for now
- There are 1904 emails sent by 197 people in dev mailing-list excepted GitBox forwarded
- Resolved 1500+ issues and 2000+ pull requests during ASF incubating

We've resolved all branding issues which include Logo, GitHub repo,
document, website and others.

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rbef0779035c61d02ef9fa63e55175fd5896fc513258d1b2537b51604%40%3Cdev.dolphinscheduler.apache.org%3E
[2] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r79381a3fd38d112b5ccb0be67675547e187497135853b0fe999f813a%40%3Cdev.dolphinscheduler.apache.org%3E
[3] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/raa78e55fc511b479cae1c4faefb8ae2cb31b4fb9143a1a958ac577f0%40%3Cdev.dolphinscheduler.apache.org%3E
[4] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-186
[5] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DOLPHINSCHEDULER/Podling+Maturity+Assessment+for+DolphinScheduler

Establish the Apache DolphinScheduler Project

WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best interests of
the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's purpose to establish
a Project Management Committee charged with the creation and maintenance
of open-source software, for distribution at no charge to the public,
related to a distributed and extensible workflow scheduler platform with
powerful DAG visual interfaces.

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management Committee
(PMC), to be known as the "Apache DolphinScheduler Project", be and
hereby is established pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation; and be it
further

RESOLVED, that the Apache DolphinScheduler Project be and hereby is
responsible for the creation and maintenance of software related to a
distributed and extensible workflow scheduler platform with powerful DAG
visual interfaces.; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache DolphinScheduler"
be and hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve at the
direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of the Apache
DolphinScheduler Project, and to have primary responsibility for
management of the projects within the scope of responsibility of the
Apache DolphinScheduler Project; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and hereby are
appointed to serve as the initial members of the Apache DolphinScheduler
Project:

* Furkan Kamaci     <ka...@apache.org>
* Gang Li           <lg...@apache.org>
* Guo Jiwei         <te...@apache.org>
* Guo William       <gu...@apache.org>
* Jun Gao           <ga...@apache.org>
* Kevin Ratnasekera <dj...@apache.org>
* Leon Bao          <le...@apache.org>
* Liang Chen        <ch...@apache.org>
* Lidong Dai        <li...@apache.org>
* Qiao Zhanwei      <jo...@apache.org>
* Shao Feng Shi     <sh...@apache.org>
* Sheng Wu          <wu...@apache.org>
* Wu Baoqi          <ba...@apache.org>
* Xiaochun Liu      <li...@apache.org>
* ZijJian Gong      <mi...@apache.org>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Lidong Dai be appointed to
the office of Vice President, Apache DolphinScheduler, to serve in
accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of Directors
and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement,
removal or disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be
it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache DolphinScheduler Project be and hereby is
tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator
DolphinScheduler podling; and be it further

RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
DolphinScheduler podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator PMC are
hereafter discharged.

Best Regards

DolphinScheduler(Incubator) PPMC
Gang Li 李岗

lgcareer@apache.org

Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache DolphinScheduler (incubating) as a TLP

Posted by Kris Calvin <ki...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)
Having been contribute to the DolphinScheduler community for almost half a
year,

I have acquainted with many interesting and professional coders, they are
my teachers and mates. With their assistance, I have contributed my code to
the community.

I am so happy the community now reached the final graduation stage. And in
the future, I hope I will strive with the whole community and contribute
more meaningful contributions to open-source.

CalvinKirs

Commiter Of DolphinScheduler(Incubator)

Gang Li <lg...@apache.org> 于2021年2月5日周五 下午7:36写道:

--
Best  wishes!
CalvinKirs

回复: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache DolphinScheduler (incubating) as a TLP

Posted by Gang Li <lg...@apache.org>.
Thank you all for the discussion. I will start the vote soon
since we have reached the consensus.
Thanks

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1 non-binding. Congrats!

-----------------------------------

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Re:Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache DolphinScheduler (incubating) as a TLP

Posted by 陈明雨 <mo...@163.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

--

此致!Best Regards
陈明雨 Mingyu Chen

Email:
chenmingyu@apache.org

在 2021-02-07 14:18:24,"Jialin Qiao" <qj...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn> 写道:

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

The community is active and diverse, glad to see it graduate from the
incubator.

Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋
Apache Kylin PMC

Posted by Kevin Ratnasekera <dj...@gmail.com>.
+1 ( binding )

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

+1 (binding).

I am happy to contribute as a mentor for Apache DolphinScheduler. Hope the
project continues to grow more!

Kind Regards,
Furkan KAMACI

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Byung-Gon Chun <bg...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding) !

-Gon

--
Byung-Gon Chun

Re: Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache DolphinScheduler (incubating) as a TLP

Posted by Goson zhang <go...@apache.org>.

回覆:Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache DolphinScheduler (incubating) as a TLP

Posted by Liu Ted <te...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Posted by tison <wa...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Ming Wen <we...@apache.org>.
+1 binding

Posted by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>.
+1 (binding)

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache DolphinScheduler (incubating) as a TLP

Posted by LidongDai <li...@apache.org>.
+1 (not binding)

Posted by 谭中意 <zh...@gmail.com>.
+1 (no binding)

Posted by lidong dai <da...@gmail.com>.
hi,

Posted by Liang Chen <ch...@apache.org>.
+1(binding)

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
+1 binding
Good luck.

Gang Li <lg...@apache.org>于2021年2月12日 周五22:19写道:

> [...]
> * Sheng Wu          <wu...@apache.org>
> * Wu Baoqi          <ba...@apache.org>
> * Xiaochun Liu      <li...@apache.org>
> * ZijJian Gong      <mi...@apache.org>
>
> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Lidong Dai be appointed to
> the office of Vice President, Apache DolphinScheduler, to serve in
> accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of Directors
> and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement,
> removal or disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be
> it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the Apache DolphinScheduler Project be and hereby is
> tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator
> DolphinScheduler podling; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
> DolphinScheduler podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator PMC are

Sheng Wu 吴晟

Apache SkyWalking
Apache Incubator
Apache ShardingSphere, ECharts, DolphinScheduler podlings
Zipkin
Twitter, wusheng1108

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache DolphinScheduler (incubating) as a TLP

Posted by Goson zhang <go...@apache.org>.
+1 non-binding. Good luck!

Gang Li <lg...@apache.org> 于2021年2月12日周五 下午10:18写道:

Posted by Juan Pan <pa...@apache.org>.