Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/02 15:29:21 UTC

[shale] Clay - Logic components?

Hi,

I am wondering right now how is it possible to generate a dynamic data
list component (dl) since no faces package offer it. First, I taught
no problem, Clay solves this situation quite easily but right now I am
stuck. I don't know how to make a loop to render all list elements.
Tapestry offers the forEach component to solve this problem. Is Shale
going to go this way too? Gary any suggestions?
--
Alexandre Poitras
Québec, Canada

Re: [shale] Clay - Logic components?

Posted by Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com>.
I think they are quite the same cases, the second one being a subset of the
former.

Posted by Ryan Wynn <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
On 12/2/05, Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am wondering right now how is it possible to generate a dynamic data
> list component (dl) since no faces package offer it. First, I taught
> no problem, Clay solves this situation quite easily but right now I am
> stuck. I don't know how to make a loop to render all list elements.
> Tapestry offers the forEach component to solve this problem. Is Shale
> going to go this way too? Gary any suggestions?
> --
> Alexandre Poitras
> Québec, Canada

The right long term answer to this kind of question would be to find a JSF
Data List component that does what you want ... then, all you'd need to do
is write the Clay definition for it.  Doesn't Tomahawk (from MyFaces) have a
component like that?

Craig