Posted to users@maven.apache.org by adrien ruffie <ad...@hotmail.fr> on 2013/06/28 10:31:39 UTC

MANIFEST.MF into assembly plugin

Hello all,

I have a problem, Perhaps you know a solution.

I have the following (in attached file) plugin to build a distribution, with
unpackaged war, and several jars (built to from the webapp). I search to
place a manifest with several information in my unpackaged war directory
into /classes/META-INF but I doesn't find how I can generate a MANIFEST.MF
and place it at this Location. I have try to use <configuration> + <archive>
+ <manifest> . into maven-assembly-plugin 2.4 but doesn't work .

Do you know a solution ?

I think jar manifest as far as war manifest is generated and integrated into
jar/war archive during its packaging/zip but, we cannot exporte get it
before, to extract it to another location.

Thank and best regards,

adrien

Re: MANIFEST.MF into assembly plugin

Posted by Jeff MAURY <je...@jeffmaury.com>.
The Maven war plugin can handle exploded. Even if you need some
distribution, having then generated by the Maven WAR plugin will make sure
users of the WAR will benefit from it

Jeff

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 1:34 PM, adrien ruffie <ad...@hotmail.fr>wrote:

> Because I don't use warm aven plugin, my webapp is exploded in my
> distribution packaging (it is one of directories located in my main
> distribution), so that's why I doesn't generate a war.
> Therefore Maven doesn't pass through the war packaging phase where it is
> supposed to generate the manifest

Jeff MAURY

Posted by Jeff MAURY <je...@jeffmaury.com>.