Posted to modproxy-dev@apache.org by "Jay W. Reffner" <re...@findlay.edu> on 2003/04/07 16:34:46 UTC

Windows Update Problem

I posted this question a couple of months ago when 2.0.44 was released.
  I was unable to use mod_proxy to use
http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ and was getting an error message and
unable to update my computer.  I didn't get any resolution then and
decided to wait for 2.0.45 to come out.  Well, since then I've upgraded
my HPUX 11 system to 2.0.45 and tried it again.  Much to my dismay,
WindowsUpdate still doesn't work with 2.0.45.  Does anyone have any idea
what's wrong?  It seems to function correctly on the 1.3.x proxy but not
2.0.  Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jay

Re: Windows Update Problem

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
Jay W. Reffner wrote:

> I posted this question a couple of months ago when 2.0.44 was released.
>  I was unable to use mod_proxy to use
> http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ and was getting an error message and
> unable to update my computer.  I didn't get any resolution then and
> decided to wait for 2.0.45 to come out.  Well, since then I've upgraded
> my HPUX 11 system to 2.0.45 and tried it again.  Much to my dismay,
> WindowsUpdate still doesn't work with 2.0.45.  Does anyone have any idea
> what's wrong?  It seems to function correctly on the 1.3.x proxy but not
> 2.0.  Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

A fix was posted to proxy to stop it from fiddling with content length,
and this fix is available in v2.0.45.

The trouble is the content-length filter (which has nothing to do with
proxy) is also fiddling with content length - and the problem remains.

A bug report has been opened on this against the apache core.

You'll probably get a better response if you post this to the main
apache development list, instead of proxy, as this is a general apache
problem.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon