Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John <lo...@borg.apana.org.au> on 2003/01/09 11:53:46 UTC

Re: Repost: Can't connect to a running network-enabled mysql server on localhost

On Thu, 2003-01-09 at 11:58, Mark Eggers wrote:

> If memory serves my correctly, 4.0.3 was a problem
> child for a number of reasons.  Can you move up to
> 4.0.6 and see if that helps with the problem?
>
> Sorry to be not of much help.  I was going to say
> check your host and user tables in mysql, but if you
> can connect with the same URL, then that's obviously
> not the problem.

actually mark, you've been a great help.

debian stable (woody) includes tomcat 4.0.3
testing(sarge) includes 4.0.4
unstable (sid) includes 4.1.16

now, without going to unstable/testing status packages, which is an
undesirable thing to do, i have installed 4.1.18 from a tarball and
started it up, and everything goes fine.

thanks a bunch dude!

John Breen

|  aaaa   pppppp   aaaa   n nnnn   aaaa   ww   ww  aaaa   |

|     aa   pp   p     aa   nn  nn     aa  ww   ww     aa  | John Breen
|
|  aaaaa   pp   p aaaaaa   nn  nn aaaaaa  ww w ww  aaaaa  | Coordinator
|
| a   aa   ppppp  a   aa   nn  nn a   aa  ww w ww a   aa  | APANA, Inc.
|
|  aaaa a  pp      aaaa a nnn nnn  aaaa a  wwwww   aaaa a | WA Region

|         pppp                                            |