Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Deepa Dave <dd...@goldstonetech.com> on 2006/05/17 19:28:35 UTC

http access Error using Apache server

Svn+ssh works great but http access gives me the below error:

[root@localhost apache2]# svn co
http://192.168.0.44:80/usr/local/src/subrepos
<http://192.168.0.44/usr/local/src/subrepos>
subversion/libsvn_ra_dav/util.c:826: (apr_err=175002)
svn: PROPFIND request failed on
'/usr/local/src/subrepos'
subversion/libsvn_ra_dav/util.c:296: (apr_err=175002)
svn: PROPFIND of '/usr/local/src/subrepos': 405 Method
Not Allowed (http://192.168.0.44 <http://192.168.0.44/> )

Re: http access Error using Apache server

Posted by Jeb <je...@penske.com>.
Status 405: Method Not Allowed. This is usually a mistyped url.
Attempting to send DAV method requests to a non DAV enabled url, or a
non DAV aware script.

Look at the location directive in httpd.conf that matches the url to the
actual repo path
Should look like
<Location /myrepo>
DAV svn
SVNPath /usr/local/src/subrepos
</Location>

The your url would look like
http://192.168.0.44:80/myrepo <http://192.168.0.44/usr/local/src/subrepos>

Jeb

Posted by Jeb <je...@penske.com>.
1) You have updated the httpd.conf directive?
2) You restarted Apache httpd service?
3) test the location directive by putting the URL in  a web browser....

Posted by Madan U S <ma...@collab.net>.

Even when I give the /repos path, it gives me the same error.

Madan: You could try telling us about your httpd configuration (the location directive for instance), give us a command-line that works (svn+ssh, did you say?) and a command-line that didnt work...
In short... need more info.

Regards,
Madan.

RE: http access Error using Apache server

Posted by Deepa Dave <dd...@goldstonetech.com>.