Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Devanshu Vyas <vy...@gmail.com> on 2020/12/09 14:29:31 UTC

Re: OFBiz as OMS Session: Pre-order management - Overselling of Preorders

Hello,

The video recording of the 10th session in our OFBiz as OMS series is now
uploaded to the official Apache OFBiz channel. Topic: Pre-Order Challenge -
How to control overselling/over-promising? Discussed one of the critical
preorder management challenges that how to control
overselling/over-promising of an item on pre-order. Also discussed possible
concerns that can be addressed while managing the selling of Pre Orders. We
have discussed the following points: - How to allow a controlled qty of
items on pre-order so it doesn't exceed the actual inventory to be
received? - How to manage the promise date so that it doesn’t lead to
overpromising? - How to check future inventory availability to promise to
the customer? https://youtu.be/7bzdu6rLxe0

Thanks & Regards,
Devanshu Vyas.