Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by hwaastad <he...@waastad.org> on 2016/06/03 12:53:34 UTC

Re: Recommended ORM for 7

Hi,
I've been using eclipselink and that's been working alright

On that note, i suddenly dicovered ebean-orm.....

Anyone tried this one out?

If so, maybe someone has had any luck using this with tomee
transactionmanager (geronimo(?)) and jta?

/hw

Re: Recommended ORM for 7

Posted by hwaastad <he...@waastad.org>.
Yes it is :-)

Performance wise, ebeans is a very nice upgrade from eclipselink.
(did a simple optimisticlock @retry test running 40 threads in parallell
updating a counter variable in an entity. eclipselink needed 18 retries,
ebeans: 4 :-))

I would also say fluid query statements (via querybeans) also is a nice
feature (more readable than criteriabuilder, at least)

/hw

Re: Recommended ORM for 7

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
didn't try but
https://github.com/ebean-orm/avaje-ebeanorm/blob/cb347ff5fabc67034812678769202eee05bea568/src/main/java/com/avaje/ebeaninternal/server/transaction/JtaTransactionManager.java
is plain EE and tomee has these JNDI entries so should be smooth to use.

Romain Manni-Bucau