Posted to users@felix.apache.org by "Fauth Dirk (XC-ECO/ESM1)" <Di...@de.bosch.com.INVALID> on 2021/01/18 09:12:56 UTC

Webconsole dependencies

Hi,

I have written this blog post [1] to show Eclipse developers how they can integrate the Webconsole in an Eclipse application to have better options for runtime inspections. This is possible since Maven artifacts can be integrated directly from Maven Central. But doing this I noticed something strange with automatic transitive dependency resolution. It seems the Maven dependencies are not in sync with the OSGi dependencies.

commons-fileupload is required in version 1.4 in the runtime, but resolved is commons-fileupload 1.3.3
commons-io can be at maximum 2.4, but version 2.6 gets resolved
javax-servlet is resolved but it does not provide the capability osgi.contract=JavaServlet
org.apache.felix.inventory is required as package import but not defined as dependency in the pom.xml as it seems

To fix this in the Eclipse project I have to add all the transitive dependencies manually.

I have to admit that I am not sure where exactly the issue is. Just noticed that it seems that something is inconsistent here.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Dirk Fauth

Cross-Domain Computing Solutions, Cross Automotive Platforms - System, Software and Tools Engineering Engineering Software Methods and Tools1 (XC-ECO/ESM1)
Robert Bosch GmbH | Postfach 30 02 40 | 70442 Stuttgart | GERMANY | www.bosch.com
Tel. +49 711 811-57819 | Telefax +49 711 811 | Dirk.Fauth@de.bosch.com<ma...@de.bosch.com>

Sitz: Stuttgart, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14000;
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Franz Fehrenbach; Geschäftsführung: Dr. Volkmar Denner,
Prof. Dr. Stefan Asenkerschbaumer, Filiz Albrecht, Dr. Michael Bolle, Dr. Christian Fischer,
Dr. Stefan Hartung, Dr. Markus Heyn, Harald Kröger, Rolf Najork, Uwe Raschke
​

AW: Webconsole dependencies

[...]

Cross-Domain Computing Solutions, Cross Automotive Platforms - System, Software and Tools Engineering Engineering Software Methods and Tools1 (XC-ECO/ESM1) Robert Bosch GmbH | Postfach 30 02 40 | 70442 Stuttgart | GERMANY | http://www.bosch.com/ Tel. +49 711 811-57819 | Telefax +49 711 811 | Dirk.Fauth@de.bosch.com<ma...@de.bosch.com>