Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Stephen Ting <st...@shinyang.com.my> on 2002/08/23 10:43:03 UTC

Validator for checkbox

i have problems to use validator framework to validate checkbox.

I declare an array of string in my DynaValidatorForm, it will hold value
return from a multibox.

i try with the following configuration, but it doesn't work.

even i also try add indexedListProperty="selectedSite" attribute in the
field element and it doesn't work too.

could anyone point where i get wrong???

<form-bean name="InventoryEnquiryForm"
               dynamic="true"
               type="org.apache.struts.validator.DynaValidatorForm">
       <form-property name="itemNo" type="java.lang.String"/>
       <form-property name="description" type="java.lang.String"/>
       <form-property name="selectedSite" type="java.lang.String[]"/>
       <form-property name="searchLogic" type="java.lang.String"/>

       <form-property name="view"
type="my.com.shinyang.einout.inventory.view.InventoryEnquiryViews"/>

</form-bean>

---------------------------

        <!-- Inventory Enquiry Form -->
        <form name="InventoryEnquiryForm">
            <field
                property="description"
                depends="required, minLength">
                <arg0
key="inventoryEnquiryForm.description.displayName"/>
                <arg1 name="minlength" key="${var:minlength}"
resource="false"/>
                <var>
                    <var-name>minlength</var-name>
                    <var-value>3</var-value>
                </var>
            </field>
            <field
                property="selectedSite"
                depends="required">
                    <arg0 key="inventoryEnquiryForm.site.displayName"/>
            </field>
        </form>