Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Francesco Consumi <co...@istitutodeglinnocenti.it> on 2008/02/21 09:00:10 UTC

t:inputFileUpload and pprPanelGroup: two problems

Hi, people

We're writing a little email client, and we are experiencing two
problems with t:inputFileUpload, pprPanelGroup and TinyMCE:

1) if we put a <s:pprPanelGroup> anywhere in page, with parameter
"partialTriggers", we loose all TinyMCE javascript part.
2) pprPanelGroup doesn't intercept any event from inputFileUpload component:
    this code fragment
       <s:pprPanelGroup id="ppr1" partialTriggers="upFile2(onchange)">
             <t:inputFileUpload accept="*/*" id="upFile2"
value="#{r.file}" valueChangeListener="#{email.upload}"/>
       </s:pprPanelGroup>
doesn't raise anything.
We make use of MyFaces 1.2.2, Facelets 1.1.14, tomcat 1.1.7 snapshot
2007-11-10 and sandbox 2008-01-08

any idea ?

ah, We have just presented another full JSF site for University of
Siena, Italy:  http://www.dsa.unisi.it
made with MyFaces 1.1.5, JSP and Firebird 2.1.0.

--
Francesco Consumi
Ufficio Sistemi informativi
consumi at istitutodeglinnocenti.it
Tel. +39 055 2037320
ICQ# 12516133

Re: t:inputFileUpload and pprPanelGroup: two problems

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 9:00 AM, Francesco Consumi
<co...@istitutodeglinnocenti.it> wrote:

>  Hi, people
>
>  We're writing a little email client, and we are experiencing two
>  problems with t:inputFileUpload, pprPanelGroup and TinyMCE:
>
>  1) if we put a <s:pprPanelGroup> anywhere in page, with parameter
>  "partialTriggers", we loose all TinyMCE javascript part.
>  2) pprPanelGroup doesn't intercept any event from inputFileUpload component:
>     this code fragment
>        <s:pprPanelGroup id="ppr1" partialTriggers="upFile2(onchange)">
>              <t:inputFileUpload accept="*/*" id="upFile2"
>  value="#{r.file}" valueChangeListener="#{email.upload}"/>
>        </s:pprPanelGroup>
>  doesn't raise anything.

a file upload can't be done via XHR, I doubt that there is a fallback to IFRAME,
like the Trinidad inputFile component does

>  We make use of MyFaces 1.2.2, Facelets 1.1.14, tomcat 1.1.7 snapshot
>  2007-11-10 and sandbox 2008-01-08
>
>  any idea ?
>
>  ah, We have just presented another full JSF site for University of
>  Siena, Italy:  http://www.dsa.unisi.it
>  made with MyFaces 1.1.5, JSP and Firebird 2.1.0.

good job!

-Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf