Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st> on 2000/12/19 17:02:02 UTC

util:... and XSPUtil

Ok, I just started to get into the source code of the
util:taglib to port it to C2. Since the XSPUtils class
is now deprecated. I made a list of what is already there,
what will be removed, and what has moved to in C2 code base.

Please can you guys have quick look and verify.
I'm not yet so familiar with the C2 code base.

  -> = has moved to
  +  = should be added
  -  = will not be available in C2

  public static String pathComponent(String filename)
    -> IOUtils.pathComponent(String filename)

  public static String fileComponent(String filename)
    -> IOUtils.fileComponent(String filename)

  public static String baseName(String filename)
    -> IOUtils.baseName(String filename)

  public static String baseName(String filename, String suffix)
  public static String normalizedBaseName(String filename)
  public static String normalizedName(String filename) {
    + IOUtils

  public static String relativeFilename(
       String filename,
       HttpServletRequest request,
       ServletContext context
       )
    + IOUtils

  public static String relativeFilename(
       String filename,
       HttpServletRequest request
       )
    + IOUtils

  public static boolean isAlphaNumeric(char c)
    -> StringUtils.isAlphaNumeric(char c)

  public static String[] split(String line)
    -> StringUtils.split(String line)

  public static String[] split(String line, String delimiter)
    -> StringUtils.split(String line, String delimiter)

  public static Node cloneNode(Node node, Document factory)
  public static String toMarkup(Node node)
  protected static void doMarkup(Node node, StringBuffer buffer)
  public static String encodeMarkup(String string) {
    - deprecated

  public static String formEncode(String text)
    ?

  public static String formDecode(String s)
    ?

  public static String formatDate(Date date, String pattern)
    + StringUtils or something else?

  private static int count = 0;
  public static synchronized int getCount()
  public static synchronized int getSessionCount(HttpSession session)
    ?

  public static String getURLContents(String url)
  public static String getURLContents(String url, String encoding)
  public static String getFileContents(String filename)
  public static String getFileContents(String filename, String encoding)
  public static String getContents(InputStream in, String encoding)
  public static String getContents(InputStream in)
  public static String getContents(Reader reader)
    + IOUtils or put them into the taglib?

Cheers
--
Torsten

Re: util:... and XSPUtil

Posted by tc...@dff.st.
> > Ok, I just started to get into the source code of the
> > util:taglib to port it to C2. Since the XSPUtils class
> > is now deprecated. I made a list of what is already there,
> > what will be removed, and what has moved to in C2 code base.
> >
> > Please can you guys have quick look and verify.
> > I'm not yet so familiar with the C2 code base.
> >
> >   -> = has moved to
> >   +  = should be added
> >   -  = will not be available in C2
> >

> Take a look at the org.apache.cocoon.util package. Many of the
> methods originally available with XSPUtil have been moved to the
> appropriate utility classes (StringUtils, IOUtils, ClassUtils,
> etc).

I did so thats why I wrote this mail ;)

> If some cherished XSPUtil method has been left out in this
> process, I'd suggest either we revise one of these new classes
> or create new ones as needed.

If you check my list most of the methods are clear.
Please check only the ones I marked as deprecated
or the ones with the "?". I'd just like to get votes
on where to put them or votes on deprecating them.

(formEncode/Decode,toMarkup,...)

Cheers,
Torsten

> >   public static String pathComponent(String filename)
> >     -> IOUtils.pathComponent(String filename)
> >
> >   public static String fileComponent(String filename)
> >     -> IOUtils.fileComponent(String filename)
> >
> >   public static String baseName(String filename)
> >     -> IOUtils.baseName(String filename)
> >
> >   public static String baseName(String filename, String suffix)
> >   public static String normalizedBaseName(String filename)
> >   public static String normalizedName(String filename) {
> >     + IOUtils
> >
> >   public static String relativeFilename(
> >        String filename,
> >        HttpServletRequest request,
> >        ServletContext context
> >        )
> >     + IOUtils
> >
> >   public static String relativeFilename(
> >        String filename,
> >        HttpServletRequest request
> >        )
> >     + IOUtils
> >
> >   public static boolean isAlphaNumeric(char c)
> >     -> StringUtils.isAlphaNumeric(char c)
> >
> >   public static String[] split(String line)
> >     -> StringUtils.split(String line)
> >
> >   public static String[] split(String line, String delimiter)
> >     -> StringUtils.split(String line, String delimiter)
> >
> >   public static Node cloneNode(Node node, Document factory)
> >   public static String toMarkup(Node node)
> >   protected static void doMarkup(Node node, StringBuffer buffer)
> >   public static String encodeMarkup(String string) {
> >     - deprecated
> >
> >   public static String formEncode(String text)
> >     ?
> >
> >   public static String formDecode(String s)
> >     ?
> >
> >   public static String formatDate(Date date, String pattern)
> >     + StringUtils or something else?
> >
> >   private static int count = 0;
> >   public static synchronized int getCount()
> >   public static synchronized int getSessionCount(HttpSession session)
> >     ?
> >
> >   public static String getURLContents(String url)
> >   public static String getURLContents(String url, String encoding)
> >   public static String getFileContents(String filename)
> >   public static String getFileContents(String filename, String
> encoding)
> >   public static String getContents(InputStream in, String encoding)
> >   public static String getContents(InputStream in)
> >   public static String getContents(Reader reader)
> >     + IOUtils or put them into the taglib?

This mail sent through IMP: mail.dff.local

Re: util:... and XSPUtil

Posted by Ricardo Rocha <ri...@apache.org>.

Torsten Curdt wrote:

> Ok, I just started to get into the source code of the
> util:taglib to port it to C2. Since the XSPUtils class
> is now deprecated. I made a list of what is already there,
> what will be removed, and what has moved to in C2 code base.
>
> Please can you guys have quick look and verify.
> I'm not yet so familiar with the C2 code base.
>
>   -> = has moved to
>   +  = should be added
>   -  = will not be available in C2

Take a look at the org.apache.cocoon.util package. Many of the
methods originally available with XSPUtil have been moved to the
appropriate utility classes (StringUtils, IOUtils, ClassUtils,
etc).

If some cherished XSPUtil method has been left out in this
process, I'd suggest either we revise one of these new classes
or create new ones as needed.

Ricardo