Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by ph...@free.fr on 2015/03/24 10:40:27 UTC

_text

Hello,

my SOLR 5 Admin Panel displays the following error:

23/03/2015 15:05:05 	ERROR 	SolrCore 	org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: undefined field: "_text"

How should _text be defined in schema.xml?

Many thanks.

Philippe

Re: _text

Posted by Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo <ed...@gmail.com>.
Hi Philippe,

That means you're using the physical schema.xml. You can check the file in
your collection, under conf folder. For mine I don't have the _text field
in my schema.xml. If you don't require it in your setup, you can try
removing it and see if it's ok?

Else you can use the schema.xml or the entire conf folder from the
techproducts example located at
{SOLR_HOME}\server\solr\configsets\sample_techproducts_configs\CONF, which
comes together with the Solr 5.0 package.

On 24 March 2015 at 18:12, <ph...@free.fr> wrote:

> Hi Zheng,
>
> I copied the SOLR 5 schema.xml file on Github (?), which contains the
> following line:
>
> <schemaFactory class="ClassicIndexSchemaFactory"/>

Re: _text

Posted by ph...@free.fr.
Hi Zheng,

I copied the SOLR 5 schema.xml file on Github (?), which contains the following line:

<schemaFactory class="ClassicIndexSchemaFactory"/>

Are you using the default schemaFactory, in which your setting in
solrconfig.xml is <schemaFactory class="ManagedIndexSchemaFactory">, or you
have used your own defined schema.xml, in which your setting in
solrconfig.xml should be <schemaFactory class="ClassicIndexSchemaFactory"/>?

Re: _text

Posted by Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo <ed...@gmail.com>.
Hi Philippe,