Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com> on 2013/09/10 21:28:32 UTC

Building a cloudstack.list file on Ubuntu 12.04.1

Hi,

I've been following these instructions, but having a little trouble:

3.5.2. Configuring your machines to use the APT repository
Now that we have created the repository, you need to configure your machine
to make use of the APT repository. You can do this by adding a repository
file under /etc/apt/sources.list.d. Use your preferred editor to create
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/cloudstack.list with this line:

deb http://*server.url*/cloudstack/repo binary ./

Now that you have the repository info in place, you'll want to run another
update so that APT knows where to find the CloudStack packages.

$ sudo apt-get update

You can now move on to the instructions under Install on Ubuntu.
**********

My cloudstack.list file looks like this:

deb http://127.0.0.1:8080/cloudstack/repo binary ./

When I do a sudo apt-get update, I get the following error:

W: Failed to fetch
http://127.0.0.1:8080/cloudstack/repo/dists/binary/.//binary-amd64/Packages
404  Not Found

W: Failed to fetch
http://127.0.0.1:8080/cloudstack/repo/dists/binary/.//binary-i386/Packages
404  Not Found

Any thoughts on this?

I have my .deb files in /var/www/cloudstack/repo/binary along with
Packages.gz.

Thanks!

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com

Re: Building a cloudstack.list file on Ubuntu 12.04.1

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
Thanks for the offer, Ian! :)

I should be able to update the docs after I jot down the process in the
next week or so, but thanks!

Posted by Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie>.

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.

--
Prasanna.,

------------------------
Powered by BigRock.com

Re: Building a cloudstack.list file on Ubuntu 12.04.1

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.

--
Prasanna.,

Powered by BigRock.com

Re: Building a cloudstack.list file on Ubuntu 12.04.1

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
Thanks a lot for the info, Ian!

Posted by Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie>.