Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Vikram Singh <vs...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/17 19:09:50 UTC

Deploy a website downloaded from internet using wget (Tomcat 8.0 RC)

Hi

I downloaded a website say "test.org" using wget utility. Now I want to
deploy in Apache Tomcat 8.0 RC. That I have done it.

But I want to do in this manner that I want to access "test.org" locally
from my browser as if I am browsing on the internet because links in
the test.org refers to itself. Because when I click any link it goes to
Internet
and not to my locally saved website.

I do not know how to do this. I also searched in the Internet.

Please help
Thanks

Vikram

Re: Deploy a website downloaded from internet using wget (Tomcat 8.0 RC)

Posted by Albert Kam <mo...@gmail.com>.
Why not create a local copy with the links converted ?
Take a look at
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6348289/download-a-working-local-copy-of-a-webpage

--
Do not pursue the past. Do not lose yourself in the future.
The past no longer is. The future has not yet come.

Re: Deploy a website downloaded from internet using wget (Tomcat 8.0 RC)

Posted by Nicholas Violi <nv...@globalgiving.org>.
Hi Vikram,

> But I want to do in this manner that I want to access "test.org" locally
> from my browser as if I am browsing on the internet because links in
> the test.org refers to itself. Because when I click any link it goes to
> Internet
> and not to my locally saved website.

You should be able to edit your hosts file by adding a line like
127.0.0.1 test.org
which will override the dns lookup to test.org's true IP address.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_file for the location of the hosts
file on your platform.