Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gr...@verizon.net> on 2006/02/01 07:03:25 UTC

Re: Tomcat upgrade: 3.3.1 --> 5.0.28, hang up after running 1 or 2 days

Monica Wu wrote:

> This is a update for this problem/solution.
>
> After removing Java 1.5 + Tomcat 5.0, reinstalling Java 1.3 + Tomcat 3.3.1 on last Monday, 1/23/2006, everything has been running fine by far.
>
> I have certain confidence to conclude that different versions of Java and Tomcat coexisting introduced the upgrade problem.

By the way, may I ask why you needed to install "J2EE 1.3" (see below)
also? I can understand the J2SE SDK, but am unsure why you needed J2EE
downloaded as well.  I wonder if that is causing conflicts with whatever
TC itself provides.

Glen