Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Bret Martin <ba...@miranda.org> on 2005/10/18 19:35:57 UTC

[users@httpd] 1.3.x release announcements?

Some time ago, I subscribed to announce@httpd.apache.org, hoping to be
notified of new Apache httpd releases.

After not hearing about several 1.3.x releases (like many others, I
still primarily use 1.3.x), I looked at that list's archives and noticed
that no 1.3.x release has been announced there since 1.3.28, in July
2003.

Is there any particular reason that 1.3.x releases are not announced on
announce@httpd.apache.org?

Is there another list where 1.3.x releases are announced?

Thanks,

--Bret

Re: [users@httpd] 1.3.x release announcements?

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On 10/18/05, Bret Martin <ba...@miranda.org> wrote:
> Some time ago, I subscribed to announce@httpd.apache.org, hoping to be
> notified of new Apache httpd releases.
>
> After not hearing about several 1.3.x releases (like many others, I
> still primarily use 1.3.x), I looked at that list's archives and noticed
> that no 1.3.x release has been announced there since 1.3.28, in July
> 2003.
>
> Is there any particular reason that 1.3.x releases are not announced on
> announce@httpd.apache.org?

Nope.  Just people forgetting.

> Is there another list where 1.3.x releases are announced?

Sometimes announce@apache.org.  But even that is occasionally
forgotten.  I try to make sure that the announcement makes it to this
list, but I sometimes forget too.

Joshua.